- This event has passed.
FaceForward Summer Campference 2021
July 8, 2021 @ 8:00 am - July 10, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
The Next Step FaceForward Summer Campference is a FREE three-day program for teens and young adults, ages 16-24, who are living with sickle cell disease and other rare genetic disorders. It’s what you get if you mash up a summer camp and a conference: all the fun and all the knowledge without the boring stuff. Over shared stories, music and laughter and hard-won knowledge from the trenches, you form deep and meaningful connections with other Campference attendees, then head back tot he “real world” knowing you are part of a tribe that has your back. Sound cool? Sign up for your Summer Campference and join us!
At any given Summer Campference, we might hit on topics like:
- How to navigate social situations
- Steps to living more independently
- Disease management at college
- Adherence to medical recommendations
- Resume writing, interviewing, and much more
So that’s the “conference” side, but what really makes a Summer Campference come alive is the “camp” part. Things like:
- Expressive arts
- Cutthroat and hilarious games
- Talking all night with new friends you feel like you’ve known forever
- Unleashing your best Taylor Swift Karaoke
- Community songs
Sign up to join the 2021 Next Step FaceForward Summer Campference!
Email Quita Christison, Next Step Outreach Coordinator: email@example.com