Donate to our 2020 Boston Marathon team!
September 14 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
TEAM NEXT STEP IS BACK
Say hello to Team Next Step! Matthew Hamilton and Paul Furer from Summit Partners have volunteered to run the 124th Boston Marathon on Monday, September 14, 2020 for Next Step! Matt and Paul are running the historic marathon to help Next Step raise awareness about our important mission and to help fund our free year-round programming for seriously ill young people, ages 16-29, who are living with cancer, HIV and rare genetic disorders.
Team Next Step will be running the historic 26.2 mile race for the seventh year in a row! Thank you to the life-changing John Hancock Marathon Nonprofit Program for welcoming Next Step back to run the historic race for a critically important cause.
DONATE TO TEAM NEXT STEP
Please consider donating to Next Step’s 2020 Boston Marathon team so that we can offer our community, music therapy and mentorship programs to even more seriously ill young young people. Every dollar raised will help fund our year-round programming that is provided at no cost to seriously ill young people.
With your help, more seriously ill young people will start asking “What’s next?!” instead of “Why me?” as they contemplate a future they never thought was possible. No donation is too small. Thank you so much! We could not do this important work without your thoughtful support!
WHY NEXT STEP?
As a result of advances in medical treatment over the past twenty years, the number of young people in the United States who are surviving chronic illnesses has nearly doubled. While the survival rates should be celebrated, aggressive medical treatment can have significant impact on the health, social and professional lives of young people living suffering from chronic illness. Problems with growth and development, fertility, language and learning disabilities, mental health issues, and other severe health complications can make the transition to adulthood and independent living seem overwhelming and next to impossible for many young people.
Resources to help these young people become successful adults are scarce. The need for Next Step programming is profound and the impact is powerful!
My Next Step experiences have been the most impactful events of my life!”
Next Step participant, age 22
YOUR IMPACT ON NEXT STEP
- $2500 – Allows a seriously ill young person to attend a full year of Next Step’s community, music therapy and mentorship programming
- $1500 – Allows a seriously ill young person to attend a Next Step residential Campference
- $1000 – Allows a high school teenager living with sickle cell disease to attend a full year of Next Step’s weekly after-school mentorship program
- $500 – Supports a group songwriting session in Next Step’s music therapy program for eight participants
- $150 – Pays for the food at a Next Step community party
- $50 – Allows a seriously ill young person to attend one session in Next Step’s music therapy program
- $25 – Pays for round trip transportation to a Next Step Campference