- This event has passed.
Virtual Studio Campference
November 19, 2020 - November 21, 2020Free
APPLICATION HAS BEEN CLOSED.
You’ve been to a Next Step Campference and you’re ready to level up! Register for this fall’s virtual Studio Campference and join a group of 10 young people facilitated by Next Step’s expressive arts guru, Kimberly Khare. We’ll discuss ways to hold safe conversations with medical providers in the midst of the global pandemic, social unrest and systemic inequality that surrounds us today.
Together, we’ll take on the facts, the feels and the finesse of advocating for yourself in this time of uncertainty and change by creating a safe conversations toolkit. This toolkit will need art, music, stories, guides and, well, we don’t actually know! We do know that we need a production crew of writers, singers, artists, rappers, speakers, thinkers and advocates. We need your voice, your experience and your influence. We need YOU!
- Young adults aged 21-29 years who have previously attended a Next Step Campference are eligible to apply
- All meetings will be held virtually via Zoom
- We’ll meet as a group several times throughout October and November 2020
- Every participant will also meet one-on-one with Kimberly
- We’ll come together for a Campference from Thursday, November 19th to Saturday, November 21st
- Participants will be paid a stipend for their time and talents
Once you fill out your online application, Kimberly will follow up to schedule a Zoom interview to discuss if this virtual Studio Campference is a good fit for you at this time. You’ll chat about the program details and your goals, commitment and technology access. Got questions? Contact Quita Christison, Next Step’s Outreach Coordinator, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.