Part camp, part conference Next Step’s FREE Summer Campferences foster friendships and community with people who “get it.” Our Summer Campferences are back in-person and we are looking for committed volunteers to help bring our residential program to life in many different ways. Let us know which volunteer position interests you!
We are hosting three Summer Campferences at the Warren Conference Center & Inn in Ashland, MA on the following dates:
- Young people living with a cancer diagnosis: Thursday, June 15 to Sunday, June 18
- Young people living with rare genetic disorders and chronic illness: Thursday, June 29 to Sunday, July 2
- Young people living with HIV: Thursday, July 27 to Sunday, July 30
If you, or anyone you know might be interested volunteering at a Next Step Summer Campference but need more information, please email Kepler Jeudy, Next Step Program Director, and Casey Casey, Next Step Nursing Director & Partnership Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
How You Can Help
We have many opportunities for you to volunteer at one of our three 4-day residential Summer Campferences. As the adage notes, “it takes a village” – and we are definitely grateful to count you as part of that village. Check out which volunteer position best fits your interests in supporting our Summer Campferences.
- Residential Staff – this position serves as our on the ground support over the course of the weekends. They primarily provide overnight support in the cabins where they young people stay.
- Workshop Presenters – this role provides education and facilitation for small and large groups during the weekends. We don’t yet know the topics youth will be needing, but if you’re interested please let us know all the same and we’ll get back to you in a few weeks after the youth start planning.
- Opening/Closing Day Support – we have historically needed support transporting youth to and from Boston area train stations and airports.
- Volunteer Nurse – this position provides nursing care to a group of 15-25 participants (depending on the session). Volunteer nurses are needed to help with check-in on the first day of each weekend and provide coverage throughout the weekend. All volunteer nurses must possess:
- Current MA RN licensure
- Current CPR certification
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Lead Counselor – this position is for anyone who is able to commit to being with us at all 3 weekends. It comes with a bit of a stipend and is focused on helping us provide overnight support and help throughout workshops.
Volunteer at Summer Campference
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in volunteering at a 2023 Next Step Summer Campference.