Organization: Next Step
Position: Development Director
Location: Hybrid – 99 Bishop Allen Drive, Cambridge, MA
Next Step is hiring a Development Director to help us to continue to grow our unique programming for teens and young adults with serious health conditions including cancer, HIV, sickle cell and other serious chronic illnesses. Next Step values positive community, authentic relationships and the power of fun in our work.
Organization Description: At Next Step, we utilize community, music and mentorship to serve young people living with chronic illnesses – cancer, HIV, sickle cell and other serious health conditions – between the ages of 16-29. All of our programs are free of charge to participants. In partnership with the youth we serve Next Step has developed innovative programming that creates a community of peers, provides youth led curriculum and increases access to medical and educational resources. Our goal is to empower youth to develop their community engagement, future growth mindset and healthcare advocacy.
The Development Director will lead and execute strategic fundraising and donor engagement for Next Step.
The ideal candidate:
- Thrives in a collaborative workplace.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of Next Step’s mission and willingness to act as a spokesperson.
- Has experience leading major donor efforts that include cultivation, strategy and execution.
- Is results oriented regarding revenue and donor goals.
- Values relationships, is a problem solver and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Has experience with grant writing, donor relations, event coordination.
- Is vaccinated against Covid 19.
- Experience managing staff (mentoring, training) is preferred.
- Has demonstrated history and education in nonprofit business development preferred.
Primary job responsibilities: to raise funds for Next Step by cultivating relationships with individual donors, foundations and corporations.
The Development Director will:
- Strengthen relationships with past and current donors and cultivate lasting relationships with new donors.
- Develop and manage strategies for revenue growth and donor relations.
- Manage and maximize existing systems for targeting, communicating and tracking donors.
- Manage development staff in grants, events and marketing/communication.
- Design and implement a comprehensive Development Funding Plan annually which maintains the fiscal health of the organization and provides the future financial resources for growth and expansion.
- Supports and enriches existing relationships while cultivating new relationships with individual, foundation and corporate donors.
- Identifies opportunities and oversees the writing of grant proposals to obtain foundation and government funding for Next Step.
- Directs Next Step’s special events to support specific fundraising goals in collaboration with Events Coordinator. Develops new event ideas and supports ongoing fundraising events.
- Act as Board Clerk.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
Compensation: $72-80,000 annual salary.
- Comprehensive benefit package including healthcare, retirement and PTO.
Schedule: This is a 40 hour per week position and is hybrid and based in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office. There is a flexible schedule that will include occasional weekend and evening work for certain events.
If interested please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.